Electrical & Instrumentation Commissioning Techs
Mill Street (Aust) is proudly Australian owned specialising in the provision of services to the Oil & Gas, Construction, Mining & Renewables sectors.
We have fulltime opportunities for Electrical & Instrumentation Commissioning Technicians at the Kemerton Lithium Hydroxide Processing Plant, in the Bunbury area.
Competitive rate of $72.86 plus penalties alongside the option of overtime. In addition there is also a weekly retention bonus of $200.
The purpose of this role is to deliver a high quality, consistent and competent Electrical & Instrumentation commissioning service.
This is a Monday to Friday (10 hours per day) DIDO assignment with accommodation and meals provided (or option of an expense allowance).
In addition, transport is provided to/ from accommodation and site and the option to travel back to your home of residence on the weekend.
Your daily activities as an Electrical Technician will include:
- Commissioning of 22kV Transformers and RMU’s
- Commissioning of 6.6kV and 415V Switchboards
- Protection testing
- Un-Coupled and Coupled Motor Runs
- Execution of System/Sub-system handover dossiers and generate Redline / Greenline drawings
Your daily activities as an Instrument Technician will include:
- Plant inspections and punch list generation to specifications
- Preparation of works to go lists
- Completion of handover dossier reviews, redline and green line of applicable drawings
- Tri-party walkdowns on behalf of client
- System/Sub-system handover acceptance
- Commence initial energisation procedure as per the permit to work system and application of necessary boundaries
- Loop checking, fault-finding, and rectification of field instruments, communications and data networks faults and construction shortfalls as required
- Prepare System/Sub-system handover dossiers.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Mine site experience
- Must have strong fault-finding skills
- Electrical Certificate /Cert IV Instrumentation
- Electrical License
- HV Switching (Not essential but highly desired)
- White Card
- Drivers License
- First Aid and LVR/CPR
- Trade Certificate
As part of our recruitment process, there are several checks which may be conducted to demonstrate your suitability for a role. These can include but are not limited to national Police checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks. Due to mandates from Federal/State governments we will need a copy of your Covid-19 Certification as an additional requirement when submitting your application.
To apply for these positions, you must have the right to work and live in Australia.